An excellent opportunity awaits a dedicated Secondary Legal Studies/Humanities teacher to join a community-oriented school in Taylor's Lakes, situated in the Western suburbs of Melbourne. With approximately 1400 students ranging from years 7-12, this school offers a fantastic opportunity to be an integral part of a dynamic school community. The institution is welcoming to both new graduates and seasoned teachers, offering learning coaching and access to exceptional resources.
- Work within a supporting teaching cohort to develop year 7 and 10 Legal Studies/Humanities curriculum
- Create engaging and informative lesson plans that cover legal concepts, cases, and principles in the legal studies domain and implement a diverse humanities curriculum covering subjects such as history, geography, sociology, and cultural studies.
- Design and develop lesson plans, assessments, and curriculum materials that align with relevant Australian curriculum standards.
- Deliver engaging and effective classroom instruction, fostering a positive learning environment
- Commit to continuous professional growth and development
Skills & Experience:
- Completed relevant Qualifications in Education
- Maintain a valid and up-to-date VIT registration
- Have unrestricted working rights in Australia
- Demonstrate previous experience in Legal Studies/Humanities
- Ability to provide contact details for two education-based references from within the last 5 years (student-teacher mentors are acceptable).
- Inspire the minds of students in grades 7-10 with your fervour for teaching!
- Kick off an exciting chapter in January 2024, initiating a captivating and rewarding academic year.
- Your expertise is highly valued, and you'll be generously rewarded with a competitive salary ranging from $75,000 to $115,000, a testament to your demonstrated excellence/experience in the field
- Nestled in the heart of Taylor's Lakes with easy access to public transport (buses)
- Enjoy the friendly atmosphere fostered by an approachable management team and smaller team structures.
- Engage in collaborative planning using our innovative model, with exciting professional development opportunities on the horizon.
Why work with Tradewind?
- Work with an organisation that is relentless in securing quality opportunities in a personalised way
- Relevant and real information about roles
- No joining fees/other fees
- Resume and Key Selection Criteria assistance
- Interview tips and preparation provided
- Professional development by two Principal mentors on a consistent basis
Tradewind Australia is a specialist, education recruitment agency and is the preferred supplier of teachers for many schools across the greater Melbourne / Victoria region. We have a strong reputation for providing high-caliber teachers with fantastic contract opportunities and helping them to pursue rewarding careers. Our aim is to cultivate an excellent ongoing relationship with you throughout your growing career.
How to apply:
To apply, follow the link provided or apply on our website
For any queries regarding the position or application process, contact the Education Permanent Team on (03) 9110-0091
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
We welcome applications from people who reflect the diversity of the organisations we partner with, and the people they support. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and people with disability and lived experience to apply