About the Role:
An great opportunity awaits a talented Drama teacher to join a community-focused school in Williamstown/Altona in 2024 for a part-time (0.6- 3 days) a week, position. This school, serving around 1000 students from years F-12 across three campuses, provides a great opportunity to be part of a wonderful school community. The school supports both graduates and experienced teachers, offers learning coaching, and great resources.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive drama curriculum that aligns with The Vic Curriculum standards and objectives.
- Create engaging and dynamic lesson plans that cover various aspects of drama, including acting techniques, script analysis, and theatrical production.
- Work with colleagues to develop assessments to evaluate students' performance skills and offer constructive feedback for improvement.
- Collaborate with other teachers of the arts, and professionals to enhance the overall drama program and school productions/performances
- Commit to continuous professional growth and development
- Work across two campuses situated in Williamstown and Newport
Skills & Experience:
- Completed relevant Qualifications in Education
- Maintain a valid and up-to-date VIT registration
- Have unrestricted working rights in Australia
- Demonstrate previous experience in teaching secondary Drama subjects
- Ability to provide contact details for two education-based references from within the last 5 years (student-teacher mentors are acceptable).
- Teaching Drama to students in years 7-10
- Join a school community that is actively growing and evolving
- Commence January 2024
- Receiving a salary commensurate with your demonstrated expertise, within the range of $75,000 to $115,000
- Three large campuses, within Williamstown, Newport and Altona North
- Approachable management team and smaller team structures
- Well respected school within the local community
- Collaborative planning model with professional development opportunities
Why work with Tradewind?
- Work with an organisation that is relentless in securing quality opportunities in a personalised way
- Relevant and real information about roles
- No joining fees/other fees
- Resume and Key Selection Criteria assistance
- Interview tips and preparation provided
- Professional development by two Principal mentors on a consistent basis
Tradewind Australia is a specialist, education recruitment agency and is the preferred supplier of teachers for many schools across the greater Melbourne / Victoria region. We have a strong reputation for providing high-caliber teachers with fantastic contract opportunities and helping them to pursue rewarding careers. Our aim is to cultivate an excellent ongoing relationship with you throughout your growing career.
How to apply:
To apply, follow the link provided or apply on our website
For any queries regarding the position or application process, contact the Education Permanent Team on (03) 9110-0091
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
We welcome applications from people who reflect the diversity of the organisations we partner with, and the people they support. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and people with disability and lived experience to apply.