About the Role:
A fantastic opportunity is available for a passionate PE/Outdoor Education teacher to become part of a community-oriented school in Williamstown/Altona in 2024, in a part-time capacity (0.8 - 4 days a week). With approximately 1000 students spanning from Foundation to Year 12 across three campuses, this school offers an excellent chance to be part of a vibrant educational community. Whether you're a graduate or an experienced teacher, the school provides support, including learning coaching, and offers access to exceptional resources.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive PE and Outdoor Education curriculum in alignment with the Victorian Curriculum.
- Plan and deliver engaging PE and Outdoor Education lessons that incorporate a variety of physical activities, sports, and outdoor adventures.
- Design assessments to measure students' physical fitness levels, skill development, and understanding of health and wellness concepts.
- Develop and lead outdoor education programs that provide students with opportunities for environmental learning, adventure activities, and experiential education.
- Ensure the safety of students during physical activities and outdoor adventures by implementing proper safety protocols and risk management procedures.
- Engage in continuous professional development to stay updated on best practices in physical education, outdoor education, coaching techniques, and safety standards.
Skills & Experience:
- Must have unrestricted working rights in Australia
- Must have a valid and up-to-date VIT registration
- Demonstrate previous experience in teaching PE/Outdoor Education
- Ability to provide contact details for two education-based references from within the last 5 years (student-teacher mentors are acceptable).
- Teaching PE/Outdoor Ed to students in years 7-10
- Join a school community that is actively growing and evolving
- Commencement from now
- Receiving a salary commensurate with your demonstrated expertise, within the range of $75,000 to $115,000
- Three large campuses, within Williamstown, Newport and Altona North
- Approachable management team and smaller team structures
- Well respected school within the local community
- Collaborative planning model with professional development opportunities
Why work with Tradewind?
- Work with an organisation that is relentless in securing quality opportunities in a personalised way
- Relevant and real information about roles
- No joining fees/other fees
- Resume and Key Selection Criteria assistance
- Interview tips and preparation provided
- Professional development by two Principal mentors on a consistent basis
Tradewind Australia is a specialist, education recruitment agency and is the preferred supplier of teachers for many schools across the greater Melbourne / Victoria region. We have a strong reputation for providing high-caliber teachers with fantastic contract opportunities and helping them to pursue rewarding careers. Our aim is to cultivate an excellent ongoing relationship with you throughout your growing career.
How to apply:
To apply, follow the link provided or apply on our website
For any queries regarding the position or application process, contact the Education Permanent Team on (03) 9110-0091
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
We welcome applications from people who reflect the diversity of the organisations we partner with, and the people they support. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and people with disability and lived experience to apply.