About the Role:
Calling all passionate Secondary Performing Arts educators! Tradewind is excited to collaborate with an F-9 school in Tarneit. This role empowers you to guide students in years 7-9, nurturing their enthusiasm and understanding of drama, music, dance, and theatre arts. Starting in Term 1, this position offers a full-time ongoing opportunity, with the potential for school tours.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive performing arts curriculum that aligns with The Victorian Curriculum
- Create engaging and interactive lesson plans that cater to diverse learning styles and abilities, incorporating a combination of theoretical knowledge and practical activities.
- Teach fundamental techniques and principles of performing arts disciplines, including vocal projection, stage presence, choreography, musicality, acting techniques, and theatrical production.
- Organize and lead rehearsals for school productions, plays, musicals, concerts, and performances, guiding students in all aspects of production, including acting, singing, dancing, and stagecraft.
- Collaborate with other performing arts teachers, faculty members, and external professionals to coordinate interdisciplinary projects, cross-curricular activities, and community performances.
- Engage in continuous professional development to stay updated on best practices in performing arts education, teaching methodologies, curriculum development, and industry trends.
Skills & Experience:
- Must have unrestricted working rights in Australia
- Must have a valid and up-to-date VIT registration
- Demonstrate previous experience in teaching secondary Performing Arts
- Ability to provide contact details for two education-based references from within the last 5 years (student-teacher mentors are acceptable).
- Starting this term (Term 1) with a full-time, permanent position
- Providing guidance to students in grades 7-9 alongside a supportive teaching team
- Collaborating with leadership that is approachable and transparent
- Salary reflecting demonstrated expertise and dedication
- About 2400 students spanning from Foundation to Year 9
- Classes organized in a straight format with designated learning Specialists, mentors, and coaches
- Abundant opportunities for professional advancement and skill development
- Collaborative team planning and supportive collegial structures
Why work with Tradewind?
- Work with an organisation that is relentless in securing quality opportunities in a personalised way
- Relevant and real information about roles
- No joining fees/other fees
- Resume and Key Selection Criteria assistance
- Interview tips and preparation provided
- Professional development by two Principal mentors on a consistent basis
Tradewind Australia is a specialist, education recruitment agency and is the preferred supplier of teachers for many schools across the greater Melbourne / Victoria region. We have a strong reputation for providing high-calibre teachers with fantastic contract opportunities and helping them to pursue rewarding careers. Our aim is to cultivate an excellent ongoing relationship with you throughout your growing career.
How to apply:
To apply, follow the link provided or apply on our website
For any queries regarding the position or application process, contact the Education Permanent Team on (03) 9110-0091
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and people with disability and lived experience to apply.
We welcome applications from people who reflect the diversity of the organisations we partner with, and the people they support. We encourage