About the Role:
Attention all Performing Arts teachers! Tradewind is collaborating with an F-6 school in Kurunjang, providing a part-time role for 2-3 days a week in Performing Arts. You'll have the opportunity to teach dedicated and enthusiastic Foundation to Year 2 students, helping them build confidence, stage presence, and a love for the performing arts. This role offers flexibility with a Term 1 start and the possibility of a 12-month ongoing opportunity.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive performing arts curriculum that aligns with The Victorian Curriculum
- Facilitate hands-on activities, games, and exercises to develop students' performance skills and confidence.
- Teach fundamental techniques and principles of performing arts disciplines, such as vocal projection, stage presence, choreography, and musicality.
- Foster a collaborative and supportive classroom environment where students work together to create and perform.
- Explore multicultural stories, music, and dance forms to promote cultural understanding and appreciation.
- Engage in continuous professional development to stay updated on best practices in performing arts education, teaching methodologies, and curriculum development.
Skills & Experience:
- Must have unrestricted working rights in Australia
- Must have a valid and up-to-date VIT registration
- Demonstrate previous experience in teaching Primary, Performing Arts an advantage!
- Ability to provide contact details for two education-based references from within the last 5 years (student-teacher mentors are acceptable).
- Starting this term (Term 1) in a part time basis 2-3 days a week
- Instructing students in grades Foundation to year 2, in a supportive teaching team
- Collaborating with approachable and transparent leadership
- Salary aligned with demonstrated expertise and time dedication
- Approximately 600 students ranging from Foundation to Grade 6
- Supportive management team and smaller team structures enabling efficient planning and assistance
- Numerous avenues for professional growth and development
- School focused on trauma-informed practices, with Berry Street training offered to all teachers and staff
Why work with Tradewind?
- Work with an organisation that is relentless in securing quality opportunities in a personalised way
- Relevant and real information about roles
- No joining fees/other fees
- Resume and Key Selection Criteria assistance
- Interview tips and preparation provided
- Professional development by two Principal mentors on a consistent basis
Tradewind Australia is a specialist, education recruitment agency and is the preferred supplier of teachers for many schools across the greater Melbourne / Victoria region. We have a strong reputation for providing high-calibre teachers with fantastic contract opportunities and helping them to pursue rewarding careers. Our aim is to cultivate an excellent ongoing relationship with you throughout your growing career.
How to apply:
To apply, follow the link provided or apply on our website
For any queries regarding the position or application process, contact the Education Permanent Team on (03) 9110-0091
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and people with disability and lived experience to apply.
We welcome applications from people who reflect the diversity of the organisations we partner with, and the people they support. We encourage