The Kilmore International School is based in Kilmore and exists to service the needs of its students within the wider international community. The aim of the school is to provide for boarding and day pupils, an education of excellence in all areas.
The position of School Accountant is responsible for the effective day to day administration of the financial functions (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll and general accounting) and services of the School. The position reports into the Business Manager and manages the Accounts Receivable officer.
The portfolio of responsibilities includes:
- Preparation of reports and balance sheet reconciliations
- Monthly analysis and reporting
- Coordinate year end process with the Business Manager
- Maintaining the General Ledger
Reporting to Government and Statutory bodies
- Preparation of BAS, FBT and other returns
- Assisting with Government/ISV filings such as Census, Financial Questionnaire, STATS etc.
Accounts Payable and Procurement
- Maintain all supplier master data and ensure the integrity of the creditors ledger
Payroll and HR
- Process the fortnightly payroll
- Workcover, Superannuation and Salary Sacrifice
- Maintain all HR, Payroll and other employment documentation
- Supervise the Accounts Receivable Officer to ensure reconciliations are up to date
- Ensure all debtor masterfiles are up to date and accurate
Qualities and Capabilities:
- You will be a CPA with a relevant tertiary qualification.
- You will hold demonstrable experience as an accountant, ideally with exposure to or an understanding of the education/not-for-profit sectors.
- You will have experience in payroll including superannuation and workcover
- You will be experienced in accounts payable and purchase orders and managing supplier master data.
As the school accountant, you will be experienced in report writing and be able to work collaboratively with good time management and IT skills.
The Kilmore International School offer a highly competitive package with salary packaging options.
Working on campus is essential with this position in Kilmore which is easily commutable by car from Melbourne's Northern Suburbs and across Mitchell Shire.
For further details or a confidential chat, contact David Rogers at Tradewind Australia on 03 9081 0566 or apply today with a copy of your resume and cover letter.