An exciting chance awaits a passionate English Teacher to become a part of an excellent Catholic school in Melton from now, instructing students in grades 7-10. Offering a Full-time, ongoing position based at the main campus in Melton, be part of a wonderful and well respected school community from Term 1, onwards.
- Designing and delivering lessons that focus on developing advanced language skills in reading, writing, speaking, listening, and viewing under the Victorian Curriculum.
- Teaching concepts of text analysis, interpreting literature, discussing themes, characters, and literary techniques, and fostering a deeper appreciation for literature, writing sophisticated essays, engaging in debates, and delivering presentations.
- Introducing students to a wide range of literary genres and texts from various cultural and historical contexts.
- Teaching grammar, syntax, and language conventions to help students refine their writing and communication skills.
- Encouraging critical thinking and analysis of texts by teaching students to question, evaluate, and interpret information critically.
- Nurturing students' creativity and imagination through activities such as creative writing workshops, poetry analysis, and storytelling exercises.
- Teaching students research skills and methodologies to conduct independent inquiries and investigations.
- Collaborating with colleagues, to share resources, strategies, and best practices for teaching first language English effectively.
Skills & Experience:
- Completed relevant Qualifications in Education
- Maintain a valid and up-to-date VIT registration
- Have unrestricted working rights in Australia
- Demonstrate previous experience in teaching English (as a first language), in Australia
- Previous experience teaching within the Catholic System advantageous
- Ability to provide contact details for two education-based references from within the last 5 years (student-teacher mentors are acceptable).
- Teaching English to students in grades 7-10.
- Joining a school community that is on a path of expansion and growth
- A tight-knit, supportive school environment that nurtures a strong sense of belonging for both staff and students
- Being a part of a community with a robust moral foundation that places a high emphasis on character development and social responsibility
- Approachable and transparent leadership
- Salary aligned with demonstrated expertise, ranging from $80,000 to $115,000
- Continuing opportunities for professional development
- Large campuses with a brand-new campus, welcoming students this year (around 1200 students currently)
- Approachable management team and smaller team structures
- Strong pastoral care program for students and staff
- Terrific staff induction programs
- Great resources and facilities
- Well respected school within the local community
Why work with Tradewind?
- Work with an organisation that is relentless in securing quality opportunities in a personalised way
- Relevant and real information about roles
- No joining fees/other fees
- Resume and Key Selection Criteria assistance
- Interview tips and preparation provided
- Professional development by two Principal mentors on a consistent basis
Tradewind Australia is a specialist, education recruitment agency and is the preferred supplier of teachers for many schools across the greater Melbourne / Victoria region. We have a strong reputation for providing high-calibre teachers with fantastic contract opportunities and helping them to pursue rewarding careers. Our aim is to cultivate an excellent ongoing relationship with you throughout your growing career.
How to apply:
To apply, follow the link provided or apply on our website
For any queries regarding the position or application process, contact the Education Permanent Team on (03) 9110-0091
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
We welcome applications from people who reflect the diversity of the organisations we partner with, and the people they support. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and people with disability and lived experience to apply.