ABOUT TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA
Tradewind Australia is a specialist, education recruitment agency and is the preferred supplier of teachers, teaching assistants and Laboratory Technicians for many schools across the greater Melbourne region. We have a strong reputation of providing high calibre educators with flexible and consistent work, whilst also helping them to pursue a rewarding career. Our aim is to cultivate an excellent ongoing relationship with you throughout your growing career.
ABOUT THE ROLE OF A LABORATORY TECHNICIAN
You will assist the teacher in a secondary school setting. Your responsibilities will involve the tidiness, cleanliness, and maintenance, of high school laboratories and equipment. With a high safety focus, you will instruct on the safe practices of instrumentation and general laboratory techniques. Additionally, expanding your connections and building solid relationships.
- Collaborate positively with the Science staff as required
- Preparation and setting up experiments for teaching staff.
- Ongoing care and maintenance of secondary science lab and equipment.
- Be able to use your initiative to explain concepts in various ways that the student/s can understand
- Help the teacher to maintain a positive learning environment
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- A Certificate IV or Diploma in Laboratory Techniques (or a relevant Education Support qualification)
- Be able to adapt to changing work environments
- Hold current WWCC Employer version (or have this in process)
- Provide an up-to-date resume outlining your Education/Lab Tech related experience
- Be able to provide contact details for two senior, education-based referee's from within the last 5 years
- Interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships with staff and students.
- Hold a valid working visa, Australian or NZ Passport
- You control how many days you are available to work
- If you require advanced bookings, we can try cater to this
- Support through professional development and training with our Principal Mentors
- Dedicated consultants giving you personalised support
- Work close to home.
- You will be joining a growing team of committed professionals.
- Schools we work with are a warm, supportive, and family-friendly
HOW TO APPLY
Simply click 'Apply now' and one of our Recruitment Consultants will be in contact with you! Or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to give us a call 1800 192 195
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER