About the Role:
An exciting chance awaits a dedicated and active PE teacher to become a part of an excellent Catholic school in Melton from now, instructing students in grades 7-10. Offering a Full-time, ongoing position based at the main campus in Melton, be part of a wonderful and well respected school community from Term 1, onwards.
- Design and implement a curriculum that encourages physical fitness, motor skills development, and overall health within the Victorian Curriculum
- Lead students in various physical activities, sports, and exercises to enhance their cardiovascular health, strength, flexibility, and coordination
- Provide guidance and constructive feedback to help students improve their individual and team-based skills
- Instil values of sportsmanship, fair play, and teamwork through organized sports and group activities
- Use various assessment methods to gauge individual and group performance, providing feedback for improvement
- Create an inclusive environment that accommodates students with different abilities and learning styles.
- Adapt activities to meet the diverse needs of students, ensuring everyone can participate and experience success
- Ensure a safe and secure environment during physical activities, implementing proper safety protocols
Skills & Experience:
- Completed relevant Qualifications in Education
- Maintain a valid and up-to-date VIT registration
- Have unrestricted working rights in Australia
- Demonstrate previous experience in teaching PE, in Australia
- Previous experience teaching within the Catholic System advantageous
- Ability to provide contact details for two education-based references from within the last 5 years (student-teacher mentors are acceptable).
- Teaching PE to students in grades 7-10
- Joining a school community that is on a path of expansion and growth
- A tight-knit, supportive school environment that nurtures a strong sense of belonging for both staff and students
- Being a part of a community with a robust moral foundation that places a high emphasis on character development and social responsibility
- Approachable and transparent leadership
- Salary aligned with demonstrated expertise, ranging from $80,000 to $115,000
- Continuing opportunities for professional development
- Large campuses with a brand-new campus, welcoming students this year (around 1200 students currently)
- Approachable management team and smaller team structures
- Strong pastoral care program for students and staff
- Terrific staff induction programs
- Great resources and facilities
- Well respected school within the local community
Why work with Tradewind?
- Work with an organisation that is relentless in securing quality opportunities in a personalised way
- Relevant and real information about roles
- No joining fees/other fees
- Resume and Key Selection Criteria assistance
- Interview tips and preparation provided
- Professional development by two Principal mentors on a consistent basis
Tradewind Australia is a specialist, education recruitment agency and is the preferred supplier of teachers for many schools across the greater Melbourne / Victoria region. We have a strong reputation for providing high-caliber teachers with fantastic contract opportunities and helping them to pursue rewarding careers. Our aim is to cultivate an excellent ongoing relationship with you throughout your growing career.
How to apply:
To apply, follow the link provided or apply on our website
For any queries regarding the position or application process, contact the Education Permanent Team on (03) 9110-0091
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
We welcome applications from people who reflect the diversity of the organisations we partner with, and the people they support. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and people with disability and lived experience to apply.