- Senior Practitioner
- Full-time, ongoing contract
- Located in Bendigo
Looking for an experienced case manager to join a reputable non-profit organisation in Bendigo in their Family Services program. You will be responsible for providing excellent outreach case management support to vulnerable families, building capacity of parents and families to ensure the best interests of the child are met. As senior practitioner, you will also assist in the support and leadership of the team when required.
- Support the Team Leader to ensure caseloads are effectively managed, providing support and supervision to the team in the Team Leaders absence
- Carry a case load of clients referred from Child First, DHHS and the community
- Establish regular contact with the families, identify strengths and needs, and develop an appropriate case plan to support families to achieve their goals
- Develop and facilitate individual and group programs
- Work flexibly and collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team and with stakeholders
- Promptly update client records, ensuring privacy, security and confidentiality in line with DHHS guidelines
You must have:
- A tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, and/or related discipline
- Considerable experience working with children and families, and an understanding of the issues affecting families including parenting, mental health, drug and alcohol, family domestic violence
- Excellent risk assessment, crisis intervention and case management skills
- An understanding of theoretical approaches for working with children, youth and families
- Demonstrated understanding of Best Interests Framework and Child, Youth, and Families Act
- Experience in group leadership and facilitation ideal
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders
Successful applicants must also have or be willing to obtain a Police Check, a Working With Children's Check, Drivers Licence, and be able to provide two professional referees.
Why work with Tradewind?
Tradewind Australia is Melbourne's fastest growing agency recruiting for the Social Services sector. We pride ourselves on the strong and long-standing relationships we have formed with our clients and candidates.
- Your own consultant who will work hard to secure you the right roles for your skill set
- Access to roles offered exclusively through Tradewind
- Flexible hours improving your work/life balance
- No joining fees
How to apply:
- To apply, or if you wish to learn more about this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1800 989 025 and ask to speak to one of our Family services team.
Join the Tradewind team and apply now!
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
1800 989 025