Tradewind are proud to be working with an excellent independent, co-educational non-denominational P-12 school in Melbourne's West, over 3 campuses. Tradewind are seeking two passionate and dedicated Teacher Librarians to join the school community. This role is responsible for the development and implementation of a stimulating and engaging learner centred library program and the provision of a range of support services such as teaching and learning and the promotion of a reading culture. Join this well-respected school in a full time, ongoing teaching capacity, starting Term 1 this year.
Demonstrated Experience and Skills
- Demonstrated experience teaching in a classroom and working as a teacher librarian.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of library management systems and digital resources.
- The ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with colleagues.
- A passion for lifelong learning and a demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to build and maintain positive relationships with members of a community.
- Acts professionally and maintains appropriate confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to work both collaboratively as a member of a team and independently without supervision
Skills & Experience:
- Completed relevant Qualifications in Education
- Maintain a valid and up-to-date VIT registration
- Appropriate Library qualifications desirable.
- Have unrestricted working rights in Australia
- Valid drivers' licence.
- Ability to provide contact details for two education-based references from within the last 5 years (student-teacher mentors are acceptable).
- Be part of a school which prides itself on professionalism, diligence and the quality of its staff
- Instructing students within the library from either Primary-Secondary students (F-12)
- Starting as a full-time role in 2024 at either the campus in Maddingly or Rockbank.
- Collaborating with approachable and transparent leadership
- Salary aligned with demonstrated expertise and time dedication
- Around 3400 students spanning from Foundation to year 12 over 3 campuses
- Exceptional facilities elevating the overall teaching and learning experience
- Highly professional teaching community and well respected
- Abundant opportunities for professional development
Why work with Tradewind?
- Work with an organisation that is relentless in securing quality opportunities in a personalised way
- Relevant and real information about roles
- No joining fees/other fees
- Resume and Key Selection Criteria assistance
- Interview tips and preparation provided
- Professional development by two Principal mentors on a consistent basis
Tradewind Australia is a specialist, education recruitment agency and is the preferred supplier of teachers for many schools across the greater Melbourne / Victoria region. We have a strong reputation for providing high-calibre teachers with fantastic contract opportunities and helping them to pursue rewarding careers. Our aim is to cultivate an excellent ongoing relationship with you throughout your growing career.
How to apply:
To apply, follow the link provided or apply on our website
For any queries regarding the position or application process, contact the Education Permanent Team on (03) 9110-0091
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
We welcome applications from people who reflect the diversity of the organisations we partner with, and the people they support. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and people with disability and lived experience to apply.