- Newly created positions, supporting Intensive Therapeutic Care programs in Alice Springs and Darwin
- Full-time and ongoing positions, excellent remuneration package and professional development opportunities
- Join a leading non-profit to make a difference in the lives of children and families in the NT
We are currently recruiting for a Therapeutic Specialist to help oversee and coordinate Intensive Therapeutic Care programs with a leading non-profit in the Northern Territory. You will provide expertise and guidance to out of home care teams, ensuring implementation of the CARE model and all elements of therapeutic care are consistently delivered to children and young people across the service.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing organisation that offers great career opportunities, flexible working arrangements, and a monthly RDO.
- Lead Intensive Therapeutic Care (ITC) out of home care teams
- Ensure that quality therapeutic care consistent with the CARE model is delivered to Children and Young People across the ITC service, including within Therapeutic Care Homes
- Facilitate Care Team Meetings, a culture of reflective practice, provide expertise and guidance during the formulation of Therapeutic Care Plans and Behaviour Support Plans
- Develop a thorough working knowledge of Children and Residential Experiences (CARE) and Therapeutic Crises Intervention (TCI) in order to model the practices to staff at all times and ensure the core principles of the CARE model are applied in all therapeutic interventions
- Monitor, coach, support, motivate and develop residential teams to enable them to deliver to the best of their ability
You must have:
- A tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Mental Health or related behavioural science
- Current registration with relevant professional body
- Minimum 2 years experience in a therapeutic or clinical program working with children and young people in out of home care
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience
- Significant experience using evidence based assessment tools with young people with trauma informed behaviour and using resultant assessments to inform planning
- Understanding of and experience working with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander young people (highly desirable)
You will also have or be willing to obtain a Police Check, a Working with Children's Check, and be able to provide 2 professional referees.
Why work with Tradewind?
Tradewind Australia is Melbourne's fastest growing agency recruiting for the Social Services sector. We pride ourselves on the strong and long-standing relationships we have formed with our clients and candidates.
- Your own consultant who will work hard to secure you the right roles for your skill set
- Access to roles offered exclusively through Tradewind
- Flexible hours improving your work/life balance
- No joining fees
How to apply:
- Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would like more information about the roles, please email or phone 1800 989 025 and ask for a member of the Family Services Team.
Join the Tradewind team and apply now!
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
1800 989 025